A few things coming up
• We will be planting fruit trees on Sunday, Jan. 20 and Monday, Jan 21 and volunteers are welcome. If you want to learn how to plant a tree or work in a garden let us know through the contacts page. We will start each day around 9:00 and work until dark, so come when you can, but please let us know when that is.
• We will have a few fruit trees available at the market this weekend. Plums, figs, blackberries, blueberries, and persimmons.
• We will teach a permaculture gardening class at the farm on February 24, and another on March 24. tickets
• Our next farm dinner will be Sunday, March 3 and tickets are now on sale. All dinners have recently sold out early. We will have March, April, May and June dinners. So mark down March 3 as the next Sunday afternoon farm to table dinner. Tickets
• We will have another farm to table dinner on April 7 in conjunction with Slow Foods Houston. Tickets will go on sale Dec 30.
• Our CSA is available. Sign up for 10 weeks of vegetable box. Pickup available at the market on Saturday or the farm on Fridays. Register
Our next farm tour will not be until March because we cannot park cars in the winter pasture.
Please contact us for information about private parties, wedding, etc.
We are a small permaculture farm in northern Waller County, Texas near Hempstead.
We grow for direct sales at farmer markets, offer a CSA, deliver to restaurants, have farm dinners, and have other on-farm events.
We grow everything with no synthetic fertilizers, fungicides, pesticides, or herbicides. We follow organic rules, using permaculture and biodynamic farming principles. We raise produce, fish (aquaponics), chickens for eggs, broiler chickens, Gulf Coast Native Sheep..
Our plants are grown very different from the rest.
We currently sell at the Urban Harvest Farmers Market on the corner of Westheimer and Buffalo Speedway in Houston most Saturdays from 8:00 to 12:00.